These darling little badges are the perfect hand-sewing project to do on a grey, cold February afternoon. You only need a bit of felt, some wadding and a badge pin to make one and are the perfect little gifts to give to your BFFs for Galentine's Day.
- Sewing kit: needle / scissors / thread
- Pink embroidery floss
- Felt (white + pink + blue)
- Glittery fabric, a nice touch but not necessary
- Badge pin
- Glue gun*
*I used the glue gun to attach the badge pin on the back, you can also sew this on if you don't have a glue gun. I also used it to glue on the gold fabric, as it's quite tricky to sew on. Alternatively, use some fabric glue or have a go at sewing it.
How to make it:
1. First things first: cut out your pieces. I drew a heart-shape on paper and cut it out to use as a template to cut out my white hearts. Then I cut that heart down a bit to make a template for the pink one, and again for the gold one. The white ones are roughly 6 x 7cm in size.
Cut out your wings as well.
2. Start by sewing on your pink heart with a running stitch to one of the white hearts.
3. Then stitch around the edge of both white hearts together with an other stitch. When you reach where you'd like the wings to be, sandwich them in-between the two white hearts and use running stitch to secure them in. Then, continue with your over-stitch until you reach the second wing. Continue all the way around until there is a small hole left.
4. Stuff your heart with the wadding, just enough so that it's a little puffy.
5. Sew up the hole and glue your badge pin onto the back using a glue gun. If you don't have a glue gun, sew it on with needle and thread.
6. Fabric glue, or a glue gun can be used to glue on the glittery heart. If you don't have any glittery fabric, just create another heart in another colour.
Ta-da! Create a nice little card to go with it and you've make yourself a lovely handmade Valentine's Day gift!